There are a few things you can do after a flood or any kind of major water damage to help you keep safe, protect your home and possessions, and help save money and time with the cleanup. Here are a few Do’s and Dont’s and Tips on Dealing with Water Damage to keep in mind.
- If the standing water isn’t too bad mop it up or dry it with towels.
- Remove lamps and any other table top items.
- Remove any cushions or pillows from the water.
- Place aluminum foil or some kind of riser beneath legs of wooden furniture to get them out of the water.
- If it is summer time, turn on air conditioning.
- Remove anything of value that could be damaged by water or cleanup.
- Leave clothes, furs or fabrics in the water. Remove them and hang them up to dry.
- Leave any kind of books or paper goods in the water.
- Use any kind of household appliances, TV or any other electronics.
- If ceiling is wet do not turn on any lights or ceiling fans.
By following these few simple steps on tips on dealing with water damage you can get a head start on the cleaning and restoration process while keeping you and your family safe.
USA Restoration Pros are experts in dealing with water damage repairs and associated cost Servicing Los Angeles, Encino,Pasadena, Woodland Hills, Ventura, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Tarzana, Torrance, Thousand Oaks, Calabasas, Agoura Hills and all of California State.
For 24/7 Emergency Help please call 1-855-222-3460 or complete the form below and we get back to you shortly: