You have probably heard of “black mold” and the dangers it can pose. You likely have heard conflicting reports about how dangerous or common “black mold” really is. USA Restoration Pros are experts in the field of dealing with mold and offers black mold removal services.
Allow us to shed a little light on this confusing subject. “Black mold” is sometimes referred to as “toxic mold.” It is part of the Stachybotrys family of mold strains of which there are over 25 different species. While exposure (especially long term exposure) to any mold can be harmful to your health there are specific symptoms that have been associated with “black mold.” These include sore nose and throat, nosebleeds, and chronic coughing. Severe cases can include nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs.
Extensive analyses by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have failed to find any link between “black mold” exposure and death. However, those with poor health can find their symptoms magnified by mold which could lead to very serious problems.
The reality is that “black mold” may make you sick, but there is no proof that it will kill you. Still, there have been plenty of studies that find the link between long term health problems and long term mold exposure so having the mold in your house remediated as quickly as possible is very important.